Certificate III in Health Support Services
Certificate III in Health Support Services is designed to give people the skills to effectively clean in the health industry. This course runs for six months and covers basic cleaning services, gives students the knowledge and ability to deal with extra risks and covers the needs of the health services industry. Health facilities may include clinics, medical centers, hospitals and aged care residential facilities.Enquire Now
Melbourne, VICCourse ID: HLT32812
Certificate III in Health Support Services is designed to give people the skills to effectively clean in the health industry. This course runs for six
months and covers basic cleaning services, gives students the knowledge and ability to deal with extra risks and covers the needs of the health services
industry. Health facilities may include clinics, medical centers, hospitals and aged care residential facilities.
- HLTHIR301C Communicate and work effectively in Health
- HLTIN301C Comply with infection control policies and procedures
- HLTWHS200A Participate in WHS processes
- BSBFLM303C Contribute to effective workplace relationships
- CPPCCL2001A Use hot water extraction
- CPPCCL2003A Use dry foam shampoo
- CPPCL03002A Restore a hard floor surface
- CPPCL03003A Replace a hard floor finish
- CPPCL03020A Clean using pressure washing
- CPPCL03016A Wash furniture and fitting
- HLTFS207C Follow basic food safety practises
- HLTFS310C Apply and monitor food safety requirements
- BSBINN301A Promote innovation in a team environment
- CPPCMN3001B Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- BSBFLM312C Contribute to team effectiveness
- CPPCL04022A Organise and monitor cleaning operations
- CPPCMN3003A Contribute to Workplace Safety Arrangements
- TAEDEL301A Provide work skill instruction
- CPPCL03039A Support leadership in the workplace
- CHCORG428A Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- Classroom presentations
- PowerPoint delivery
- Practical demonstration and practice
- Group discussions
Assessment is completed by written questions, verbal explanation, practical demonstration and participation. Each student must attend the scheduled training and assessment sessions.
Equipment and Materials
All the equipment and materials will be provided for use during training. These include:
- Paper, pens and other required stationary
- Reference material and handouts
- Mops, buckets, brooms and other cleaning equipment
- Scissor and fringe mops
- Backpack vacuum cleaners
- Swing buffer and associated brushes and/ or pads
- Dry foam shampoo machine
- Hot water extrication unit
- Hi-Viz vests and PPE
Who is it for
The Certificate III in Health Services is aimed at people already employed as:
- Laundry leading hand
- Senior kitchen hand
- Food safety supervisor
- Maintenance supervisor
- Senior cleaner
Students will be required to complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Assessment to ensure that they have the appropriate LLN levels to complete the qualification and whether any additional support is required for the student throughout the program.
After completion of this qualification a student may choose a higher level qualification in the health package.
Upon successful completion of all components of the qualification, a nationally recognised qualification will be issued. This is HLT32812 Certificate III in Health Support Services.
Certificate III in Health Support Services is a 6 month course.
Contact us to discuss your training requirements and for fee information.
Students who are eligible for the Victorian Training Guarantee will not be charged a fee. Contact us to have a preliminary assessment of your eligibility.