FDF40110 Certificate IV in Food ProcessingEnquire Now
Training and assessment is conducted at the employers worksite.Course ID: FDF40110
The FDF40110 Certificate IV in Food Processing qualification is suitable for supervisors and middle management in food processing environments. raining and assessment is delivered in the workplace to employees where there is a need to learn and implement improvement processes across the entire organisation. This program is not suitable for new entrants to the food processing industry who have no previous training or experience in food processing.
The qualification is normally offered in conjunction with one other qualification depending on the requirements of each company and its workforce. The qualifications offered in conjunction with FDF40110 Certificate IV in Food Processing is:
- MSS40316 Certificate IV in Competitive Systems and Practices
The program is structured into 4 clusters of related and complimentary units. The units and activities within each cluster are structured as follows:
- Clusters 1 and 2 - Planning, preparation, review, discovery and research
- Cluster 3 – Workplace improvement projects launched and implemented
- Cluster 4 – Implementation and consolidation of workplace improvement projects followed by measurement, review, evaluation and reflection
Who is it forAll participants must be currently employed in positions within a food processing company. This program is suitable for those working in supervisory or middle management roles within food processing environments. This Qualification includes technical skill and knowledge required to solve food production problems and ensure that operations are implemented and maintained at optimal performance. Emphasis is on monitoring the implementation of food processing systems and procedures with input into management functions of the organisation.
This qualification assumes that a learner has current or past work experience where operational or technical skills have already been gained and a level of responsibility already exists. This qualification is not suitable for direct entry from school.
There are no mandated prerequisite qualification requirements for entry into the FDF40110 Certificate IV in Food Processing. However, National Training Services offers these qualifications as a work-based training and assessment program and therefore participants must be employed in a suitable food processing company to enter into this qualification. Additionally, they will need to have the support of their employer to undertake the training and assessment program over a period of approximately 14 months. Suitability is determined by identifying if applicants fit the criteria outlined below.
After completion of this qualification a student may choose a higher level qualification in the Food Processing training package. For example FDF50110 Diploma of Food Processing
This qualification is not offered by National Training Services.
Upon successful completion of all components of the qualification, a nationally recognised qualification, FDF40110 Certificate IV in Food Processing will be issued.
The qualification normally takes 14 months to complete.
Completion Requirements - FDF40110 Certificate IV in Food Processing
Twenty-two units have to be completed. The 22 units are comprised of:
- six core units of competency
- sixteen elective units of competency, as specified below:
- A minimum of 41 of the 16 elective units must be from the Group A elective list for the qualification
- A minimum of 1 of the 16 elective units must be from the Group B elective list for the qualification.
- A minimum of 8 of the 16 elective units must be from the Specialist Technical and Cross Sector Group C elective lists for the qualification.
- The remaining elective units, to a maximum of 6, may be selected from the Group A, B, C or D elective lists for the qualification
- Where prerequisite units are identified, they must be counted in the total number of units required for achievement of the qualification.
All requirements for the course are undertaken in the workplace. Time release from usual work duties is negotiated with the employerby the trainer. Training and assessment activities undertaken in the workplace include:
- Training sessions
- Project planning, implementation and presentation
- Skills development
Assessment consists of written or verbal assessment of understanding of competitive systems and practices techniques and tools; workplace observation by the trainer; and project presentations reviewed by the trainer and workplace management.
For eligible students training is delivered with Victorian Government funding.
National Training Services (RTO21254) can access Victorian Government funding for this qualification through the Skills first funding program. To enquire about your eligibility for State Government funding contact National Training Services on 03 9988 7948 during office hours.
Students who are eligible for Victorian Skills First Funding will pay no tuition fees. Students not eligible for Victorian Skills First Funding may be required to pay a fee. Contact National Training Services on 03 9988 7948 during office hours for more details.
Compliance with Regulatory Requirements
Follow this link to access information about compliance with regulatory information including student information; complaints and appeals processes and forms; support services; and privacy arrangements.